Sunday, February 1, 2009

Breakin' it down........

When I was in school, I was notorious for making
graphs and charts to help me learn and memorize things. So, Motherhood has me back at my desk again. . . . Have you guys ever been in the "well I worked all day, can you do it" war? Or maybe the "I just spend all day with the kids, you can have them now" discussion. Basically, there's always a bit of a discrepency when it comes to who should do what, for how long, and who gets a break. For us, it's classic: I stay home and love it. Greg works daily. The evenings are "shared" per se.....So, I thought it would be somewhat entertaining to see where all the hours in a day go...... Here's what I came up with......

For DH, only 21% of his day is spent with the kids, tag teaming with me on care and chores.
(On a different note: I should make mention that 41% of Dh's day is spent at work. Of course, counting "on call" hours, my workday is 100% of my day! :) But I wouldn't have it any other way.)

42% of our day as parents is relaxing and sleep. Why the heck am I so tired then!? ......huh....Oh yeah! ... I'm the On call parent. So until my tots are much older, I'm technically on duty 24/7. . . .... thats why.

37% of the day is Me alone with my tots. An interesting fact.......for a 9 hour work day as a babysitter.....though I go above and beyond that as a mother.....I should rake in $108.00/day at $12.00/hour. (a higher-end fee for experienced babysitters referenced on google)

Stay Tuned and Check out my next post for an interesting breakdown of the average day of a stay at home mom..........

3 comments:

Lisa from PinkInAHouseofBlue said...

i can't wait for the next one lol

Alisha said...

I think you did great! Keep them coming!

mommy2marcus said...

can't wait to see what comes next!!