Friday, February 6, 2009

Surrounded by Balls..........

No, not those kind of balls.......... I'm talking about different balls for a change.........

I'm a 'get er done kinda gal, so I went ahead and tore into the fireplace box and mantel thinking I would be able to put it together myself. (which I did) Anyhow, that mantel was packed in a huge box with more blocks of styrophome than I've ever seen. My eldest eagerly grabbed them and started running around saying he was "building blocks, making slides, etc." I was torn. . .he was using such entertaining imagination with them and playing so nicely. . . but little white balls where falling off here and there so - did I want to make a bigger mess? In my "not so serious, not paying attention becuase the baby's napping and I only have 30 minutes to put this together" voice, I tell him No, put those back in the box. I repeated myself 5 times. Then the fun began because I realized I made a big mistake. Silence.......that means trouble. I listen for a minute and holler......."what are you up to big man?" Then, it happened. I heard that kid tear into that pile of styrophome like he was a viscous wolverine..................he dug into that stuff like he was digging a tunnel to china. I looked over the couch and saw a massive pile of "snow" on my carpet. Not just a few pieces.....it was hundreds. I ran to catch him but somehow the 2 year old was faster.......Thanks to static, I was running after this little blob covered in tiny white balls.......and as he ran, the balls were flying everywhere - sticking to everything and everyone. I finally caught him.....but I stopped to think - am I really mad........?? Maybe a little frustrated. But, who is really at fault here? I missed the photo of him with it in his eyelashes and covered over his clothing. But I snapped this one of him trying to wreak havoc on the living room a second round. No, I couldn't get mad. . . it was too darn funny. THERE ARE LITTLE WHITE BALLS ALL OVER MY HOUSE! I spent an hour cleaning them up with the vaccumm, and they just keep "appearing" places! Oy............

2 comments:

crazylife said...

oh I can just see it!

Alisha said...

Funny-LOL! We recently had a similar experience w/ cotton balls...I still have fluff on my floors!!!! -LOL!